Thursday, August 26, 2010

Introductory Post

Hello!
   My name is Emily and I am a third year at San Jose State. Originally I am from Redondo Beach, which is about 5.5 hours south of San Jose, located in Los Angeles County. Growing up I've played soccer for 11 years, beach volleyball for four, and I competitively swam for four as well. I've also been surfing for 8 years now and try to as much as possible!
   While in high school I was Vice President of a freshman orientation program and also Vice President of a club called Invisible Children, which raised money for children in need in Africa. 
   Here at San Jose State I am a Child Development major with a double minor in Psychology and Nutrition Food Science. With this I hope to receive a Masters in Physical Therapy and ultimately work with children who have cancer, paralysis, and other crippling diseases and disorders. I am also a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, where I have held various leader positions which all have required me to communicate frequently and effectively. 
  Unfortunately besides leadership positions, I have not had much communication experience. In addition to this class I am also enrolled in COMM 41, which will hopefully improve my communication skills. 
   Through this class I hope to gain confidence when speaking publicly as well as improve my knowledge of various subjects. I'm looking forward to this semester! 


Thank you for reading! :)  

1 comment: