Thursday, December 9, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

My favorite part about this class was having the ability to work at my own pace and learn on my own. Although some points were hard to fully comprehend on my own, it was a refreshing experience to learn on my own time and leisure. I would also gain a better understanding of the complex concepts by reading other people’s blogs, which was incredibly helpful. It was also reassuring to know that others in my section did not fully comprehend a topic that I had difficulty with as well. My least favorite part about the class was the textbook. Personally, I felt the textbook did not do a thorough job at explaining a large portion of the concepts, and oftentimes I had to look up the concepts on the internet in order to gain a better understanding. This can be improved by either swapping the textbook with one that does a more efficient job at explanations or to add another textbook that can help in explaining the concepts in various ways.

1 comment:

  1. I can agree with you Emolee, that being able to work on our own time was helpful. It was great that we can all work on our own pace at our own time. I think if more courses were decided in a blogging format it would be more effective in teaching. I enjoyed that I did not have to go and sit in a class for an hour and fifteen minutes, compared to other classes. I think the textbook did a good job, it did provide a lot of examples, but I do agree that on some concepts I didn’t comprehend and I had to search them online to have a better understanding.

    ReplyDelete