Thursday, December 9, 2010

What I've Learned

Over the course of the semester, I’ve learned much about critical thinking and how to apply these concepts to every day conversations. To be completely honest, I never knew the structure or proper form of an argument, or how to analyze the argument as valid or weak. Through the course of the semester, I learned how to depict an argument and validate the strength of an argument, as well as when and why to reject an argument. I also learned the importance of structured and logically reasoning, which is a vital key to argument and advocacy. Before this class I was unaware of the importance of supporting evidence and valid claims that should be a part of the argumentation process. I also learned about several fallacies and common misconceptions when analyzing arguments. Without this knowledge, I would be inexperienced in argumentation and have to work much harder to prove my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment